Carmel Township is a great place to be!
The first settlers of Carmel Township were Platt Morey and Nathan Brooks, who came in the winter of 1837-38. The Legislature of Michigan formally organized Carmel Township on March 21, 1839. Most of the early settlers were from New York and Vermont and were attracted to the township by its rich agricultural land. Carmel’s early history was identified with Charlotte, around which most of the principal settlements were made. Charlotte, in fact, was the place for township meetings of both Carmel and Eaton Townships for many years. The earliest industry was a brick and tile factory established in section 15 by the firm of Dunning and Chappell employing eight men.
The Risk Limiting Audit Video is available to view at the Township Hall upon request.
Please call 5179976132 to make an appointment.